Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tuesday With Morrie - Mitch Albom
















Tuesdays with Morrie is written by American writer Mitch Albom which was published in 1997 (ISBN 0-385-48451-8). The story was later adapted by Thomas Rickman into a television movie (directed by Mick Jackson), which aired on 5 December 1999 and starred Hank Azaria as Mitch and Jack Lemmon (in his final role) as Morrie.

This book tells the true story of Morrie Schwartz and his relationship with his student, Mitch Albom. Both the film and the book chronicle the lessons about life that Mitch learns from his professor, who is dying from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.

From Wikipedia.org


Tuesdays with Morrie - an old man, a young man and life's greatest lesson by Mitch Albom

I was introduced to this book by my sister when I was back in Penang during Chinese New Year. She told me that Mitch Albom is a good author and I should try reading his book. As his books are in general light reading, i began to read it during my vacation back home. It took me about 4 days to complete the book and honestly, I should thank my sister for introducing this book to me.

Tuesdays With Morrie tells about Morrie Schwartz and his student, Mitch Albom which Morrie wants Mitch to understand the chronicle of life and to document this chronicle as a final thesis between both of them.

Morrie left with a few months to survive and also as a professor, through his ideas and philosphy of life before death, he wants everyone in the world to understand a simple fraction in life. And this simple thing in life, everybody needs it no matter how old you are, what are you working as, who are you with right now and many other possiblities is a simple four letter word.

LOVE is all everyone needs in our daily lifes. The first thing, a person must learn how to love him or herself and slowly by showing love to the person you are closest to and to every other person you care about.

This book tells and developed a sense of Love and respect to everyone around you. And as a general light reading material, this is a book I would strongly recommend.

No comments: